Monday, May 10, 2010

Star

It was actually our barrio fiesta yesterday but I did not invite anyone over because we did not prepare any food except for our consumption.

But Star heard that it was fiesta and he invited himself over. Luckily, he came from another party so I asked him to eat before going to our house.

I haven’t seen him in a year, he works as a photographer on a cruise ship and I think he goes home once a year. Last time, we watched The Dawn perform at Trinoma. This time, I asked him to bring his camera so we can shoot some.

Then he whisked me away on his motorcycle at 3 in the afternoon. I told him I’m not used to motorcycle rides, I’m afraid of them, actually, but it did not matter. We travelled up north and we stopped for a lake, and a view of the mountains. I was telling him sana ginawa natin ‘to nung medyo bata pa tayo. Ang init eh, di ko kaya. So after two location shoots, and three bottles of Sprite, we drove back home.


I used to fancy him, Star. I even wrote an acrostic of his name. “Rocked in the cradle of stars in the night, Occasional meteor flickering in sight,” it reads. I used to sing “Addict sa ‘yo” to him and I once heard him singing Bilanggo, sa rehas na gawa ng puso mo and it quickly became my favorite.

And whenever I see him, I remember my younger self singing, Kahit na magkaanak kayo’t magkatuluyan balang araw, hahanap-hanapin ka, hahanap-hanapin ka.”###

No comments:

Post a Comment