Thursday, April 22, 2010

Free fall

It is quite funny, when you think about it.

But when it happened, I am telling you, it was not.

One second I was singing “…now I’m falling asleep and she’s calling a cab while he’s having a smoke and she’s taking a drag…”, the next thing I know, I was falling down the stairs. I haven’t fallen in a really really long time, because falling down the stairs was what happened when we were much younger and we still have our old wooden stairs in the house. That was, like, eons ago.

And there I was, falling freely, flat on my butt, my hips hitting the step. I must have fallen, what, three, four steps? And then I felt like cold water was poured on me and I cannot really open my eyes. I walked to the van and just sat there and closed my eyes. I cannot speak. I felt cold all over. It was freaking hot in the afternoon, and I felt the urge, first, to shiver, then, to vomit. I was thinking, did I slip? Were my slippers slippery? Did I black-out? But I do remember I was singing, and then I was flying. Mader was asking where it hurts but I cannot speak because it seems that my whole system was in shock. They got scared, too, that I was so pale after. After a while, I felt blood running through my blood vessels again and I began to sweat profusely. Then I checked if I still know who I was and I am there and who are the people around me.

Ako pa naman na sabi ng Tita ko eh malakas lang ng konti sa tikling.

So I say, good luck tomorrow. Sana makabangon ako. ###

No comments:

Post a Comment