Monday, March 8, 2010

Does Sugarfree mean bitter?

If you are the type of person who broods over lost love, this album is for you.

I bought this album a couple of months back and I love the album because Ebe’s voice is simply relaxing. My reaction to the album depends on the current mood I am in. There are times I get sentimental when listening to the songs, there are times I snicker despite myself because of the lyrics of the songs, and there are times – though not often – when I want to throw the album away.

This is one moment when I feel good listening to the album. And I love the lyrics. I’m picking some of my favorite lines. For a more detailed review of the album, read here.

1. Hay Buhay“ang habang-buhay naging ba-bye.”

2. Feels Like “It feels like love tonight.”

3. Mornings And Airports “Your arms still fit me perfectly.”

4. Wala Nang Hihilingin “Kung gabi-gabi, matulog ka sa aking tabi… wala na akong hihilingin.” (Though in a perfect world, I would wish you wouldn’t snore. :p)

5. Hang Over “Sa dinami-dami ba naman ng gustong malimutan, ikaw pa ang naiwan sa puso’t isipan.” Hahaha!

6. Patawad – ay ito the best! “Hindi man tayo magkatuluyan, pwede bang wag na lang natin pag-usapan kung bakit ganito ang kinahatnan ng ating buhay at pag-ibig.”

7. Get Over It “Sleeping in her clothes won’t her back, erase the past”

8. Pagkatapos Ng Lahat “Kapwa galit, sino’ng nakasakit?”

9. Wala “Wala nang Gabby sa ating Shawie”

10. Mamang Driver “Minsan ay okay lang maging steady, dahil ang buhay ay di nadadaan sa pagmamadali.”

11. Heto Na Naman TayoAno ang ating gagawin pag sinabi na ng damdamin na di sapat ang pag-ibig upang buhayin at paikutin ang ating mundo? Ilang sugat pa bago sumuko?”

12. Where Do We Go – I like the acoustics of this one. This is not a goodbye song but a feel-good one. Love it. “Now I finally know why everything fades out. All I ever wanted is right here with me.”

13. Form Factor – This song makes me feel sad. Goodbyes are always sad, no? Seven years, is seven too long? And we’ve ran out of reasons to prolong this.”

14. Walang PaalamBukas paggising ko nandiyan ka na muli sa aking tabi, at ikukwento mo’ng mga nakita mo habang tayo’y magkalayo. Hanggang sa muli. Ingat ka.” (Makes you want to kill yourself after listening to this last song. Hahaha. If you’re forlorn lang, of course. So after listening to this, go back to Track 7, for more.)

I love when lyrics sound effortlessly like poetry.###

No comments:

Post a Comment