Thursday, March 4, 2010

March, march, march

It is my month.

Time flies when you’re having fun and the next thing you know, the summer breeze is blowing and it is March. I had to start celebrating my birthday early because I wanted our baby to be there (she is going home to the province on Sunday).

Last year, we ate at Cyma, and this year, we ate at Zuni Restaurant and Wine Bar at Greenbelt 5. (O di ba, parang magkapatid lang? :D) Like last year, we did not plan nor research for where to eat, but just walked and entered the first restaurant that seemed promising.

For tonight, they said they wanted to eat anything except Japanese, Thai, Pinoy food. So John and Yoko and Fely J’s are out of the question. Zuni caught our fancy because it was the only place in its row which had a lot of clientele, mainly foreigners. M asked for their specialty and the waiter said that it was their steak and seafood. So we tried their steak.

I used to dislike eating a huge slab of meat because I think it is unhealthy and steak is usually pricey. But compared to Melo’s which we tried on a wealthy friend’s birthday, believe me when I say the meals at Zuni would not break the bank. Their version of Surf and Turf was half the price of its counterpart in Melo’s. We decided to forego with the appetizers and salads because we thought they would ruin our appetite. Our meals were complete in themselves. I tried their peppered steak, which I really liked, and I paired this with red wine (char lang, the last time I took wine with food, I felt really dizzy, plus I lost my slippers, but let’s save that story for another entry). Dalandan juice pala.




And because there is always room for dessert, we had crème brulee trio at Museum Café and tonight’s star is the chocolate-flavored flan with a hint of chili. It fools you into thinking you are eating only chocolate but you will feel the zing when you swallow a mouthful. Very clever.

And speaking of stars, Jean Saburit was dining at Zuni, too. Phoem Baranda was having drinks at Museum Cafe, Rannie Raymundo was drinking with some friends, and Inno Sotto was checking out the driveway fronting Greenbelt 5, for I don't know what. ###

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about Lorenzo's Way, kapamilya din ng Abe and Cafe Adriatico. I'd like to try something new. KFC na lang kaya? :p

    ReplyDelete