Friday, March 5, 2010

Favorites

I spent 2009 whining and griping and pining and moping and I realized it is about time for some change. As much fun as wallowing and digging my own private hell was, even the most ardent pessimist will tell you that it can get pretty boring after a while. So I decided to do more enjoyable things.

Like eat out. I spent most of the first quarter of 2010 and a huge chunk of my salary on eating out. I rediscovered old-time favorites. Here are a few of my favorite things. :D

1. Old Vine in Eastwood Mall has a short selection of desserts but their cheesecakes are a definite must-try. The cake is neither too gelatinous nor too thick; the consistency is just right. Topped with blueberries or strawberries, they are a perfect way to end a meal.

2. Teriyaki Boy offers silken Agedashi Tofu. Great when paired with California Maki. Heavy enough as dinner.

3. Trellis has the best sisig I have tasted. Service in this restaurant is often crappy, the waiters a bit crabby, but I keep coming back for their sisig. We think the waiters know that their patrons would forgive them for the bad service because their sisig is that good.

4. Pixie’s Sinugba is known for their boneless bangus, but their bangus lumpia is delicious, too. For more healthy eating.

5. Mashed potato at Rack’s is a real treat. It is rich and creamy, just perfect with baby back ribs.

6. CafĂ© Breton is a failsafe dessert place. Just order Blueberries and Cream if you don’t want to think of what you want to have for dessert.

7. Most Chinese restaurants make you dizzy because of too much msg on their food, but not Causeway. We used to wait for nine o’clock before we eat there so we can avail of their discount for the dimsum. I love their bean curd.

8. When you’re craving for unique Pinoy food, try Kanin Club’s sinful crispy dinuguan. Yum!

9. They say Red Mango is the Starbucks of fro-yo. I love my swirl with blueberries, strawberries and kiwi fruit.

10. Taco Bell has set meals which include rice with beef toppings, with side servings of salad and potatoes, when I’m craving delicious fast food. ###

N.B.:
Up next: Van Gogh Is Bipolar And The Tale Of The Missing Tsinelas

No comments:

Post a Comment