Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy new year!

Indulgence is the motif of my 2010.

I started the year by giving in to my every whim and caprice. I have gotten crazy thin the last quarter of 2009, and I even had a procedure done to rule out the big C – scary! So this year, I’m doing all my favorite things.

1. Sleep. I have been prescribed new medication which causes me to oversleep. I sleep an average of 12 hours a day and I love it. Sleeping helped me gain back some of the weight I lost for mysterious causes that leave even the doctors baffled.

2. Dessert. Metrobank Card has this holiday promo which entitles cardholders to avail of free Junior Red Ribbon cake for every P10,000.00 worth of purchases. I must have gotten at least seven cakes. Life in plastic is fantastic!

3. Breadtalk’s Flosss. I have this annual affair with Flosss. For a brief period, I crave for, and indulge in this yummy treat from Breadtalk. I would go to the mall just to buy Flosss, then go home and eat them. I buy bread for my housemates, but because they do not eat them at once, I end up eating their share. This would go on for about a week, then it would end, to the point that I cannot bear to even smell it.

4. Bread. I would eat bread in the morning, then after lunch, then before sleepy time. I would eat bread with butter, with cheese, or on its own.

5. Shoes. I have a thing for shoes. When I feel down, I would think of shoes. When I’m in the office and I need inspiration, I look up shoes in the net. Because end-of -season sales are usual during the first months of the year, I usually buy three or four pairs, only to give some of them away after wearing them once.

6. Shop. I have rediscovered thrift-shopping or ukay. I would go out of my way to visit thrift shops everyday and go home with my treasures. It feels like treasure-hunting, actually, or falling in love. When something is for you, you will find it. Or when you do not find it the first time around, then, look again. :D

7.Eat. Actually, eat out. It is but the second of the year pa lang and I have already tried at least nine new restaurants, and counting.

8. Talk. Literally and figuratively. I just talked and talked and talked some more. I joked and made people laugh and char char char char char char.

9. Write. I spent a good part of 2009 reading, just taking in what other people have written and this year, I am writing again – which is a really good thing. Because that means I have the energy to do things again.

10. Spend. Or make-kaskas the credit card, whichever is applicable. I am surprised at the huge amounts I spend for coffee and food and clothes and shoes, and what have you. Indulgence nga.

I know I have to take things seriously after the elections, including work, the possibility of going back to school, or of getting a new place or a car, but for now, indulge. Life is short. ###

No comments:

Post a Comment