Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Walking the City: [Museum Cafe]

[Third of 3 Parts]
Then I went on to look for the famed Museum Café. This Café was called such because it lies beneath Ayala Museum. I was surprised to know that it was from the same group which brings us Momo and Chelsea. I like eating at Momo in Eastwood, their food is good.

The interior was virtually empty, and I thought it must be because it was a Sunday, but it would mean faster and more focused service for me. I asked for a pen and pencil because I was dying to write about my walking adventure and the attendant was quick to give them to me.

M Café’s offers modern Asian cuisine. Most of the items in the menu were good to share, but since I was dining alone, I chose from their selection of noodles. I thought Pad Thai was a safe bet for my main course, and selected their crème brulee trio for dessert.

My noodles were served on a very beautiful square plate, and the presentation was wonderful. (Sorry ha, can’t think of better adjectives to describe these. Hehe.) I’m very sorry, too, that I did not bring my camera, the food looked really nice, garnished as it was by herbs and two shrimps which were intertwined. I was really famished, and I readily took in a mouthful. My happiness ended there. The noodles were too salty. Although the base of the sauce for Pad Thai noodles was fish sauce, it was not supposed to taste solely of fish sauce. I haven’t tasted fish sauce in a really long but this course made up for all the time I avoided it. I had to drink water after every mouthful. I had half of the noodles wrapped so my housemates can taste it too. (My housemate, who like things salty and spicy, couldn’t get over her first bite. She said she didn’t know that salty things can make you feel giddy.)

For dessert, I had crème brulee trio which had unique flavors. It was my first time to hear of holy basil, chocolate ginger and orange-pandan as varieties of crème brulee. The holy basil tasted really nice – I finished the whole thing, mainly because I want my tongue to forget its encounter with the patis-flavored noodles. I only tasted the chocolate ginger and it was good, too. The orange-pandan tasted a bit sour, well obviously because it was orange flavored.

The dessert more than made up for the main course and I am suspending judgment until I try the other food in their menu, as well as their Jazz Sunday Brunch buffet. Til then.(3/3) ###

2 comments:

  1. i have wonderful memories of M cafe. It's where my best friend and I usually brunch on Sundays and just talk ;)Saw a famous blogger too there

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard their brunch is really good. can't wait to try it. hope to see you there, too. :D

    ReplyDelete