Monday, February 22, 2010

Walking the city: [A multi-tasking concealer]

[First of Three Parts]
…was the theme of my weekend.

I usually dislike walking because I am lazy and I am born with a slightly defective heart which makes heat, flights of stairs and long distances my worst enemies. I avoid walking at all cost, except, of course, in the name of shopping.

So this weekend, I decided to walk the city. I met a friend for coffee at Gateway but he had to leave early because his eyes got irritated by his new contacts. I decided to visit the thrift shop near National Bookstore Cubao and found nothing worthy of note. I knew that thrift shops abound the Cubao area and since I have nothing to do, I entered the shops across Farmer’s Plaza, along EDSA. I did not know that the block contains ukay after ukay store. I thoroughly enjoyed scanning the racks for skirts and dresses. In one store, there was one buyer who looked like a model and she bought P2500.00 worth of pre-loved clothes.

I walked further on and saw rows of pre-loved shoes, bags, clothes, even underwear! I had to stop myself from going further because I was feeling seriously dizzy from the smell of the goods and from lack of oxygen.

(It is funny how I can be so maarte and weak sometimes but act as if I don’t have any cardio-respiratory problem when shopping.)

And because I can’t seem to have gotten enough of shopping, I decided to push myself to the limit. The next day, after my visit to the dentist in faraway Las Piñas, I dropped by Ayala to buy concealer in Rustan’s Essences because their branch in Gateway has run out of stock of the er, and I had to go to their branch in Ayala Center to get one.


Murad Acne Concealer was named best cover-up for acne by Preview Magazine in its November 2009 issue. Since I have a perennial pimple problem, I gave this concealer a try. The salesperson at Essences suggested I try it in Medium, and it worked really well with my skin. Not only does it hide the angry red marks on my face, it helps soothe the inflammation too. This concealer it is packed with Salicylic Acid and Tea Tree Oil to combat Acne. It blends well with the skin, and is best used after toning, and before putting on foundation.(1/3)###

No comments:

Post a Comment